KirkyFlyers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the KirkyFlyers Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Hi! Not sure if the forums are still active but hello anyway
Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyThu May 07, 2015 8:15 am by Coyote

» The best model trailer ever
Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:07 pm by Andy (Sam's dad)

» Mobius on the Solius
Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:50 pm by Keith

» 5/1/2014 at the field
Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:13 am by Coyote

» he shoots he scores...twice
Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 5:51 am by Coyote

» Coyote`s Skyfun
Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:00 am by Coyote

» And no lasting damage was done
Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:53 pm by Keith

» Yesterdays flights
Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:43 pm by daz

» 30 quid dlg anybody????
Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:01 pm by Keith

» Coyote`s Tarot FY680
Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:05 pm by Coyote

Weather

Top posting users this month
No user
Most Viewed Topics
Hi! Not sure if the forums are still active but hello anyway
New Imax B6 Balance Charger. SOLD
my next build is also the polaris
Cargo plane build
Mini Funjet build
eflite have made a micro quad
TRIcopter, QUADcopter, SIXcopter frames
KKuk Tricopter controller. SOLD
2.4Ghz 200mw Radio Micro Wireless Color CCTV Spy Camera
Radian Pro Motor Fault

Radian maiden on justin.tv live

Go down 
+3
madjeff
Keith
Coyote
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Coyote
Forum Admin
Coyote

Radian maiden on justin.tv live Empty
PostSubject: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:46 am

I lads, took the Radian out today for its Fpv maiden. I was back to basics with this one, no hd camera, just a $15 cheapo, no Osd, no tracker, only 1 yagi antenna.

Check your old bird out Jeff, its a different take on what she`s use to Smile

I linked to justin tv and broadcast live, these videos are not recorded on board or on the ground. I received the signal from the plane on the ground on my laptop, it then sent the video feed through a 3g dongle to justin.tv website, it is then broadcast to the world live. As you can see from the justin version, its amazingly good quality for a shoe string buget live broadcast

Good flight, really impressed with the Radian and yagi reception Smile The yagi should only receive around 20 degrees from each side of it, its supposed to be directional, but after google earthing my furthest point i was 1.27km away to the right of the yagi, and only 100m infront, so i should hae been well out of its repecption,but its still rock solid reception up to that point. Strange but there you go Smile

Last edited by Coyote on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:54 am

nice one buddy
Back to top Go down
https://kirkleathamflyers.forumotion.co.uk
Coyote
Forum Admin
Coyote

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 2:32 am

Cheers Keith, not the best flight / landing ever but was great fun

Dragonlink was still failsafing though close in, but weirdly not the further away i was. I kept the motor running so i could see failsafes, when you watch you can see quite a few at first

I wished i had remembers to program ele / thr mix, was like a rollercoaster as i increased the throttle lol

Not bad for a plane that was in 10 pieces a week before Smile ( Sorry Jeff )
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 2:38 am

Coyote wrote:

Not bad for a plane that was in 10 pieces a week before Smile ( Sorry Jeff )

Oh do tell more i did not know you stuffed it?
Back to top Go down
Coyote
Forum Admin
Coyote

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:16 am

Yeah last week its Los maiden, it went straight out, i turned it right, centered sticks - nothing, it started banking hard over and falling, elevator - nothing, throttle off, - nothing

Dragon had frozen again, nose in at speed, The fuse seperated behnd the wings, the fuse forward of that split down the middle and into 6 pieces, canopy disintergrated.

New fuse and canopy is on its way, the prop and spinner already turned up, but by the magic of a hot glue gun i flew all 10 pieces today Smile
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:27 am

As a scratchbuilder I'm thankful for the glue gun too lol
Saved me lots of grief over the past few years especially the cordless one
I'm hoping to get out tomorrow with a few planes as it seems ages since I flew
Just watching the wind conditions for the next 24hrs so fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Coyote
Forum Admin
Coyote

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:33 am

Cool, so am i. Still not 100% on this dragonlink though, was still failsafing during flight.
Back to top Go down
madjeff
Group Captin
madjeff

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 5:04 am

i can not believe you stuffed it.after the care i put into it lol.at least its still flying.have you seen the fpv stuff from hobby king.is it any good, or just bin fodder.
Back to top Go down
Coyote
Forum Admin
Coyote

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 5:32 am

Lol i was gutted, but only 30 quid to have it back to new again.

Mainly bin fodder to be honest hobbyking fpv kit, but theres plenty of cheap kit around. It depends on a few things like what frequencies you want to use for control / video. How far you want to go etc

Rangevideo is a great shop abroad thats pretty cheap.

The system i was using today was in theory as cheap and simple as it gets. The camera was $15 from abroad, the transmitter could be sourced for around £20 -30 abroad again. Mine was lots more but i had it spare last night so used that. The receiver can be had from the uk off simon, its the best ive seen and at only £25 very budget friendly.
Back to top Go down
daz
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
daz

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 7:46 am

Nice one m8, that cam is good quality nice vid. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Coyote
Forum Admin
Coyote

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 5:46 am

Had another flight today after bumping into the lads down the field. Testing an inverted vee antenna. It was thick with fog but the chepo camera worked really well.

The second flight was cool, my confidence was up and flew fast and low, chased a car etc. The only problem was, when i disconnected the lipo to swap it the laptop seen it as an end of transmission so stopped recording. When i noticed after the flight it was too dark for another so ill be doing it again tomorrow ( with record on ) Smile

Back to top Go down
madjeff
Group Captin
madjeff

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:05 pm

looks really good. that picture was good in the conditions you were flying in.
landing was more gentle as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul L
Wing Commander

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:12 pm

Good job Ian Cool
Back to top Go down
wingpete
Squadron Leader
wingpete

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:35 pm

nice landing ian.
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:43 am

heres the latest fpv video from Ian he'll fill in the details

http://www.vimeo.com/18327436
Back to top Go down
Paul L
Wing Commander

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:03 pm

Sorted

Last edited by Paul L on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : many)
Back to top Go down
justin
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:59 pm

Coyotte, I've just watched your vid and while the results of FPV are good I wanted to reinforce what had been previously posted relating to the safety aspect of flying over ......... airstrip which could have had major implications for both yourself and the club. Justin

Last edited by Paul L on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited by Paul)
Back to top Go down
Coyote
Forum Admin
Coyote

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:31 pm

Oh right, i didnt realise that was an airstrip there Paul.

No i dont want to be doing that, wont be flying there anymore, thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
Coyote
Forum Admin
Coyote

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:53 pm

The radio link though, hmm thats a problem. Ive been back and forth to the creators running through possibilities.

1) First they said ppm must be getting lost on the way to the tx - but i confirmed a green light ( good ppm ) on the crash of this video so that ruled that one out.

2) The transmitter was loosing its power - Again now proven wrong as i could see transmitter was powered up, good ppm signal to it, and more to the point the rx if it lost the tx signal would go into failsafe. Failsafe being no throttle. As you can see on the video as with all the other times the throttle never returns to 0. So thats that theory out the window

3) Faulty rx - Problem is i have to seperate rx`s on two seperate planes. But are doing the same thing.

4) Bad antennas - Could be accept i went much further away with no problem earlier in the flight without a problem. And what are the chances of both antennas on both planes beng faiulty. Again, if the antenna was faulty the rx would not receive a good signal and failsafe. But no failsafes

5) Bec failing. On the Easystar its running a 60 amp Turnigy Plush ESC, far from underated, the EZ uses 4 9g servos and one standard size. The Bec should be fine. On the Radian theres only two 9g servos for control and the same for pan and tilt. This is on the stock eflite unit. Again shouldn`t be stressed and again, what are the chances of both different brand ESC be failing in the same way ??

If the Bec failed wouldnt the motor stop without a signal ?

Anyhow, these problems were never here before, so the Dragonlink team are replacing my transmitter and receivers + an extra receiver for free. I return the faulty unit to them and see what they can find. They have been really good with me and cant fathom whhats bust
Back to top Go down
Paul L
Wing Commander

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Never discount the BEC

Quote "On the Easystar its running a 60 amp Turnigy Plush ESC"
Thats the motor output rating, Not the BEC

Most esc BEC's are only 2-3Amp

1 servo can easily draw 1Amp under load
more if the control linkages are tight.

Classic BEC failure is as follows

Everything OK for 1 or 2 mins. flight time
then the BEC overheats and reduces output voltage
the Rx soon "Grays out" and control is lost.

After the crash the BEC cools and everything seems to work fine...........

If you do a ground test for 5 or 10mins just moving the Tx sticks
you can often reproduce this fault.

Generally Switching BEC's are better and for higher voltage use are compulsory
unless you fit a separate Rx battery.

Paul

Back to top Go down
Coyote
Forum Admin
Coyote

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:17 am

Cheers Paul, yeah i know it was not the Bec rating, just reference for anyone who does know what rating that ESC is.

It could be the case indeed. Ill have to check and double check, today at the flying field though gave my food for thought. On plugging in the radians lipo the ESC started up but not the rx, a fault on the ESC near the battery supply terminals.

Now that tallys up with my last crash where the esc was still in operation but the receiver appeared to be disabled.

Which way should i go about it. I need a new ESC for sure but should i get a seperate bec as well ?
Back to top Go down
Paul L
Wing Commander

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:41 am

No. you don't need a new esc
just cut the esc Red lead at the Rx plug
this disables the esc Bec.

Now you can fit an external Bec unit
I'd advise a 4 or 5A switching Bec unit
to cope with your needs.

Paul
Back to top Go down
Coyote
Forum Admin
Coyote

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:48 am

I need to swap the ESC Paul, it was faulty today, was messing around when plugged in.

Any particular fav brand, i was 100% reliable performance Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul L
Wing Commander

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:59 am

Back to top Go down
Coyote
Forum Admin
Coyote

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:02 am

Cheers Paul, nope i dont mind paying a bit more, exactly what you said, too much expense riding on it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radian maiden on justin.tv live   Radian maiden on justin.tv live Empty

Back to top Go down

Radian maiden on justin.tv live
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next