Welcome to the KirkyFlyers Forum

HomeGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Hi! Not sure if the forums are still active but hello anyway
Thu May 07, 2015 8:15 am by Coyote

» The best model trailer ever
Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:07 pm by Andy (Sam's dad)

» Mobius on the Solius
Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:50 pm by Keith

» 5/1/2014 at the field
Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:13 am by Coyote

» he shoots he scores...twice
Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:51 am by Coyote

» Coyote`s Skyfun
Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:00 am by Coyote

» And no lasting damage was done
Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:53 pm by Keith

» Yesterdays flights
Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:43 pm by daz

» 30 quid dlg anybody????
Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:01 pm by Keith

» Coyote`s Tarot FY680
Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:05 pm by Coyote

Weather

Top posting users this month
Most Viewed Topics
New Imax B6 Balance Charger. SOLD
Mini Funjet build
Cargo plane build
my next build is also the polaris
eflite have made a micro quad
TRIcopter, QUADcopter, SIXcopter frames
KKuk Tricopter controller. SOLD
Hi! Not sure if the forums are still active but hello anyway
Radian Pro Motor Fault
2.4Ghz 200mw Radio Micro Wireless Color CCTV Spy Camera

Share | 

Stryker , a cheap delta.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
scouse
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Stryker , a cheap delta.   Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:04 am

Thought i would introduce myself and give one of my favourite trainer planes a mention : the Parkzone Stryker.

Why do i call it a trainer ? the Stryker is a good "trainer" for a number of reasons including its slow flight performance, its ability to glide very well , its robustness , its adaptability, its COST !!! lol and its love of superglue Very Happy for those emergency at the field repairs. As a cheap pusher prop airframe personally i dont think it can be beat. My personal Stryker's setup is

Emax 2812 1500kv motor 7x5 prop, very cheap and available at most places , buying from ebay/china usually gets you 2 for the price of 1 , either way a pretty good allround motor. ( about £5 )

25 amp esc , again very cheap and 25-30 amps in this setup is more than enough the motor is only pulling 15-20 amps at max throttle. ( £5 from ebay )

2x towerpro mg90 servos , standard nylon servos are perfectly fine in this airframe and at these speeds i just prefer metal geared servos and the towerpro mg series are the best servos in the budget range that i have used. ( £10 for 2 again ebay )

1500mah 3 cell 25c lipo ( generic no name chinese brand ) at this power level there is no need for a high performance power source , the lipo batteries i use are on approx 100 cycles and showing no sign of degradation , i always buy batteries that are above the power requirements that i need and never over fly the battery. Fortunately lipo battery prices have comedown a little with the introduction of high power mid range lipos such as the turnigy nanotech range , this brings the price a lot closer between reliable brand lipos and their cheaper counterparts. (£7 each , i bought 2 and you guessed it, from ebay )

Airframe £22 delivered
Elevons and vertical stab (and battery covers to save money ) made from a single small sheet of 6mm depron. ( £2.50 a sheet )
Motor mount , about £8 delivered but you could very easily make your own from the remaining depron
Pushrods etc , you could easily use a piece of piano wire with Z bends but i prefer to use clevises , to buy the stryker parts is around £3

Ive built around maybe 2 dozen of these for friends and with this cheapo £50 setup the stryker is nice and light and performs amazingly well , in an unforunate crash you can eaaily patch the airframe together with tape or superglue and be flying again in next to no time , i have actually flown my old stryker with a 9 inch split along the wing and 1 fin which gives credit to its robustness and design. If you manage to become complacent with the slow-medium flying speeds you can easily upgrade the power system to something with a bit more punch which can take the stryker to over 100mph with very little messing about.

Hope i havent broken any rules Very Happy i just thought i would make my first real post about one of my favourite planes Very Happy

Scouse
Back to top Go down
phil.D
Squadron Leader

PostSubject: Re: Stryker , a cheap delta.   Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:46 am

Good post scouse just what we like on the site, sharing information and maybe learning a bit. hope to see you down the field. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scouse
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Stryker , a cheap delta.   Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:07 am

Hopefully ill be joining you shortly Phil Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stryker , a cheap delta.   Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:10 am

I've looked at these in the past scouse but I've always backed of untill I see one in person so to speak, perhaps I'll get my chance when your down the club field good post buddy keep em coming

Photos aint an option here there a must....:-)
Back to top Go down
http://kirkleathamflyers.forumotion.co.uk
scouse
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Stryker , a cheap delta.   Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:24 am

war paint on for afternoon flying

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryker , a cheap delta.   

Back to top Go down

Stryker , a cheap delta.
Page 1 of 1