KirkyFlyers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the KirkyFlyers Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Hi! Not sure if the forums are still active but hello anyway
Thanks for having me EmptyThu May 07, 2015 8:15 am by Coyote

» The best model trailer ever
Thanks for having me EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:07 pm by Andy (Sam's dad)

» Mobius on the Solius
Thanks for having me EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:50 pm by Keith

» 5/1/2014 at the field
Thanks for having me EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:13 am by Coyote

» he shoots he scores...twice
Thanks for having me EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 5:51 am by Coyote

» Coyote`s Skyfun
Thanks for having me EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:00 am by Coyote

» And no lasting damage was done
Thanks for having me EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:53 pm by Keith

» Yesterdays flights
Thanks for having me EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:43 pm by daz

» 30 quid dlg anybody????
Thanks for having me EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:01 pm by Keith

» Coyote`s Tarot FY680
Thanks for having me EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:05 pm by Coyote

Weather

Top posting users this month
No user
Most Viewed Topics
Hi! Not sure if the forums are still active but hello anyway
New Imax B6 Balance Charger. SOLD
my next build is also the polaris
Cargo plane build
Mini Funjet build
eflite have made a micro quad
TRIcopter, QUADcopter, SIXcopter frames
KKuk Tricopter controller. SOLD
2.4Ghz 200mw Radio Micro Wireless Color CCTV Spy Camera
Radian Pro Motor Fault

Thanks for having me

Go down 
+3
Keith
madjeff
Luke2000
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Luke2000
Cadet
Cadet

Thanks for having me Empty
PostSubject: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 10:32 am

Hi all,

Followed this link from some Polaris posting done by Keith on RCGroups and it looks great. I'm over in Ireland and have done some rc flying/crashing (mostly the last).
Having a go at building a Polaris at the mo and got lots of help from Keith. Some of the stuff you guys are building is mighty. Best I've managed so far is a water scoop and drop for a CL-415, not even close to this stuff you fellas are at though pale

Thanks for inviting me. See ya soon

Luke
Back to top Go down
madjeff
Group Captin
madjeff

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:20 pm

hi and welcome Luke to the forum.
good to hear your having ago at the polaris, me and 3 others here have built them, and just ask if your not sure. We are happy to help.
Back to top Go down
Luke2000
Cadet
Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:30 pm

madjeff wrote:
hi and welcome Luke to the forum.
good to hear your having ago at the polaris, me and 3 others here have built them, and just ask if your not sure. We are happy to help.

Thanks for that. Going good so far thanks to the pics supplied by Keith. All going well, a large battery might get me to the northeast coast of the UK Idea

Thanks again, I'll let you guys know.

Luke
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 4:49 am

Good to see you signed up with us Luke, I can only repeat what I've said in the past in that we have a good group of guys here who will chime in I'm sure.

Sign up in the chat on the left and tick the remember me that way you'll get realtime communication.
Back to top Go down
https://kirkleathamflyers.forumotion.co.uk
scouse
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
scouse

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:26 am

Get out your not welcome

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:30 am

Sorry Scouse I already warned Luke about you lmao

Really funny though.
Back to top Go down
madjeff
Group Captin
madjeff

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:53 am

scouse lol! Razz
Back to top Go down
daz
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
daz

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:24 am

Hi Luke, what about ye

Dont mind the Mank, thats why he got kicked out of Liverpool.

Welcome

Funny tho scouse, like it

Back to top Go down
scouse
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
scouse

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:52 am

Ignore Jeff , you know that fellow that sits in the back of the pub rocking forward and backwared , yup thats Jeff , crazy bloke if ever there was one, Jeffs the one that tells you to put a ferrari engine on a gokart.......................

And the fella above , well i say fella he wears a skirt at home , if he sends you any pm's dont read them just phone the police or swat theyll sort him out , again ( between you and me hes a bit weird obviously hen pecked as he likes to hit little balls with a stick ?????? )

As for Keith , well being honest thats best left unsaid.........................................................................avoid talking about quads at all costs.
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:57 am

Too funny to be from liverpool m8, quads what quads your just buying into something that does not work remember... when does your prebuilt quad arrive btw Laughing
Back to top Go down
scouse
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
scouse

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:58 am

i wish it was pre built m8 save me the hassle of putting it together and sticking it on a shelf....................... and leaving it there.
Back to top Go down
daz
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
daz

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:10 am

Who rattled your cage ?

Best get back in the kitchen before ya wife gets home. You know how she likes her tea on the table when she gets in......

Whats with the power posting ne way, she must have gave you permission to play out has she lol

Back to top Go down
scouse
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
scouse

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:33 am

stood behind me with a knife m8
Back to top Go down
Luke2000
Cadet
Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:37 pm

Wow, what a welcome, thanks all,

Not to slag off anyone, but.....the club I'm in here has much more interesting posts, such as " I hope the weather gets better, I want to fly"!
This is great. And scouse, I know where you live mate!!!!! Well, I have it sorta narrowed down...It's either the east or west coast. I've been to the UK once you know. It's not that big. Wait, maybe that was the Isle of Man. Anyhow it can't be that big so Idea

Luke
Back to top Go down
theSupernova
Squadron Leader
theSupernova

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:46 pm

It needs to snow for the polaris Very Happy welcome to the forum luke enjoy your stay, you will end up with a quad if you stay too long Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
scouse
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
scouse

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:21 pm

Well Luke we're all adults in this ( apart from one or two but theyre hoodies so everyone scared of them ) so we all have a laugh if we can , part of that is the odd heated discussion about stupid quads but thats to be expected (from Keith ) and everything is sorted out in Keiths garden no gloves , 5 rounds no hitting people with the greenhouse or using the washing line , unfortunately though most of the time the garden is taken up by Daz getting 7 bells kicked out of him by his Mrs because he didnt do the dishes or hoover up properly, thats if Daz is there as lately he seems to be wearing Pringle jumpers flat caps and chino's and walking around a big field trying to find a tiny ball..........................last bit sounds like his Mrs again Wink
Back to top Go down
wingpete
Squadron Leader
wingpete

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:12 am

welcome to the mad house luke Shocked
Back to top Go down
Luke2000
Cadet
Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:31 am

theSupernova wrote:
It needs to snow for the polaris Very Happy welcome to the forum luke enjoy your stay, you will end up with a quad if you stay too long Rolling Eyes

Ah thanks a lot. Very welcoming place this. Here's the first of many embarrasing questions, Is a quad a quadcopter, because I'm toying with the idea of one using EDFs (torque a prob?) in the shape of a flying saucer!!

Luke
Back to top Go down
scouse
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
scouse

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:42 am

A Quad or Tri or Hexa or Octo yaawwwwwwwwwnnnnn , basically take your prop and face it up ( or down maybe ) now rather than the prop moving air from front to back its now moving air from top to bottom so it acts like a helicopter rotor , now times that by x ( think of a number ) and you get the term Quad (4 ) tri (3 ) etc eyc.

EDF's will work BUT are amazingly inefficient so expect very low flight times and lots of screaming noise , EDF's are nice but only in the fact that jets dont have props hanging off the front or back so they look more scale , ive got 5 though and i do love them despite the low flight times.
Back to top Go down
theSupernova
Squadron Leader
theSupernova

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:44 am

Paul made a flying saucer out of his tricopter just by cutting holes in a big piece of foam Razz
Back to top Go down
Luke2000
Cadet
Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:50 am

Gotcha boys.

Looks like youre right about the quads. Must be this site. I didn't even know what they were yesterday, and now.....
Sorry Mr. Moderator, I've moved my questions to one of the quad sites here!

Back to top Go down
madjeff
Group Captin
madjeff

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:53 am

ohh no your getting sucked in by the quad craze all ready, I'm the same next big build for me in the new year lol. Razz
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:12 am

Scouse you talk about quads more than me lately, Go for it Luke you'll be pleased you did and thats all I'm saying...

For now Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for having me   Thanks for having me Empty

Back to top Go down

Thanks for having me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KirkyFlyers :: Members :: New Members-
Jump to: