KirkyFlyers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the KirkyFlyers Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Hi! Not sure if the forums are still active but hello anyway
A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 8:15 am by Coyote

» The best model trailer ever
A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:07 pm by Andy (Sam's dad)

» Mobius on the Solius
A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:50 pm by Keith

» 5/1/2014 at the field
A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:13 am by Coyote

» he shoots he scores...twice
A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 5:51 am by Coyote

» Coyote`s Skyfun
A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:00 am by Coyote

» And no lasting damage was done
A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:53 pm by Keith

» Yesterdays flights
A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:43 pm by daz

» 30 quid dlg anybody????
A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:01 pm by Keith

» Coyote`s Tarot FY680
A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:05 pm by Coyote

Weather

Top posting users this month
No user
Most Viewed Topics
Hi! Not sure if the forums are still active but hello anyway
New Imax B6 Balance Charger. SOLD
my next build is also the polaris
Cargo plane build
Mini Funjet build
eflite have made a micro quad
TRIcopter, QUADcopter, SIXcopter frames
KKuk Tricopter controller. SOLD
2.4Ghz 200mw Radio Micro Wireless Color CCTV Spy Camera
Radian Pro Motor Fault

A Quad that has no orientation issues

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quad that has no orientation issues   A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:14 am

Good find i'll watch it tomorrow when its quiet in here Mad
Back to top Go down
https://kirkleathamflyers.forumotion.co.uk
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: A Quad that has no orientation issues   A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:55 am

I've added a bluetooth device to the quad so that I can adjust the pid settings from my android phone, this allows me to tweak the settings without having to carry a laptop or netbook with me when i fly. I've just finished running a few tests on the unit and I'm very pleased with the result............This is by far so much easier to use and setup on the fly so to speak.
Below are a couple of screenshots of the app with my settings as they are now.

The app even does the screenshots Laughing

A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 6928457109_096fbeb80d_m

A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 6782336950_cdcdc35959_m

And heres the unit itself fitted to the quad, its just to the right of the Phone and plugs into the ftdi connector socket.

A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 25022010
A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 25022011
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: A Quad that has no orientation issues   A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:03 am

For now I'd call this project complete.......... If your looking to use this frame the cg comes out bang in the centre of the control board mounting area.

Thanks for looking
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: A Quad that has no orientation issues   A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:32 am

When I said complete...

Ran a few tests tonight with the quad, Initial setup was in acro mode on the Dx6i (plane mode)
I switched the setup to Heli mode tonight and flew it with a smoother throttle curve set, the difference is like night and day for control.
Throttle use on any quad is limited to say the least and you really need to balance the throttle to maintain a steady hover, I set my curve to give a shorter throw around midstick with a 10% difference between 3 and 4 points, this gives me much better throttle control around the mid stick range with power to spare when its needed.
I'll stick with this mode from now on as its easier to setup and gives better control.
Back to top Go down
scouse
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
scouse

PostSubject: Re: A Quad that has no orientation issues   A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:01 am

Be careful as it also compresses the throttle above and or below those points so increases/decreases in speed are a little faster.
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: A Quad that has no orientation issues   A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 4:54 am

Might seem so scouse but it's far better to fly and easier to maintain altitude with the settings I have now.
Back to top Go down
RON
Squadron Leader

PostSubject: Re: A Quad that has no orientation issues   A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 11:21 am

THANKS FOR CHATTING TODAY BUD and thanks for the old t choptor ill strip it down for you
and a big thanks for that wing iv put a blue wounder 1700 on it and as soon as the wind gose away ill give it a go thanks bud
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: A Quad that has no orientation issues   A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:35 am

No problem m8
Back to top Go down
RON
Squadron Leader

PostSubject: Re: A Quad that has no orientation issues   A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:50 pm

took the wing out today what a night mare lol i just can not stop it from pushing its nose up in the air ?
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: A Quad that has no orientation issues   A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:36 am

Adjust the motor so it's pointing down bud that will sort it out . Try level first though then adjust from there
Back to top Go down
RON
Squadron Leader

PostSubject: Re: A Quad that has no orientation issues   A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:07 am

wii do bud
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Quad that has no orientation issues   A Quad that has no orientation issues - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Quad that has no orientation issues
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2