KirkyFlyers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the KirkyFlyers Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Hi! Not sure if the forums are still active but hello anyway
ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyThu May 07, 2015 8:15 am by Coyote

» The best model trailer ever
ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:07 pm by Andy (Sam's dad)

» Mobius on the Solius
ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:50 pm by Keith

» 5/1/2014 at the field
ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:13 am by Coyote

» he shoots he scores...twice
ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 5:51 am by Coyote

» Coyote`s Skyfun
ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:00 am by Coyote

» And no lasting damage was done
ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:53 pm by Keith

» Yesterdays flights
ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:43 pm by daz

» 30 quid dlg anybody????
ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:01 pm by Keith

» Coyote`s Tarot FY680
ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:05 pm by Coyote

Weather

Top posting users this month
No user
Most Viewed Topics
Hi! Not sure if the forums are still active but hello anyway
New Imax B6 Balance Charger. SOLD
my next build is also the polaris
Cargo plane build
Mini Funjet build
eflite have made a micro quad
TRIcopter, QUADcopter, SIXcopter frames
KKuk Tricopter controller. SOLD
2.4Ghz 200mw Radio Micro Wireless Color CCTV Spy Camera
Radian Pro Motor Fault

ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).

Go down 
+3
Keith
madjeff
phil.D
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
phil.D
Squadron Leader
phil.D

ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). Empty
PostSubject: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:42 am

Unfortunately another unexplained crash
Back to top Go down
madjeff
Group Captin
madjeff

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:17 am

looks like ground hog day from last Sunday with Harvey and me and my t28 Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:22 am

Its certainly suspicious jeff, theres something in that area thats causing problems bud
Back to top Go down
https://kirkleathamflyers.forumotion.co.uk
phil.D
Squadron Leader
phil.D

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:25 am

Yep total signal loss totally unexplained. We tested all ades gear straight after the crash including a range check me and keith went for a walk back to the scene of the crime with ade tx and did some tests everything checked out ok?
Back to top Go down
madjeff
Group Captin
madjeff

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:28 am

my t28 has been out twice since last week and its been fine. just like the last 16 months of flying it.
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:32 am

When I got home tonight Phil the wife asked "how did your flight go" when I explained about ade's crash she commented about the possible wifi interference, She suggested doing a wifi scan on the mobile phone as we should not be able to pick up a signal on the flightline ? due to the limited range that wifi normally has ?

She may have a point.
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:33 am

what can I say-but what a bloody awful day I had at Kirky today. All going ticikety boo until timer go's off & I turned to land, knocked off power & went for the long fast glide back to the landing strip, just got the nose around & the plane level-zip-nada-nowt, no control of the Mustang-BANG(more of a crunching sound really) The P51 just rolled over & went in Sad
On inspection back at the pits, batt fine (with still 30% charge still in it) BEC light on & providing power to all the servos, which are alll still working fine. Phil suggested a range check, he walked back to the crash site with my tx & I had no problems with signal loss.
So today I've lost a model I've flown on both 35meg & 2.4 for two years on this site.
Havnt got a clue whats happened, there seems to be no logic behind it.
Bloody good video though, you can see what an amazing lawn dart the Mustang transformed itself into.
Back to top Go down
madjeff
Group Captin
madjeff

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:34 am

my spitfire landed just like that 12 months ago.i had to go back to the car to get a screwdriver to pluck the nose out of the ground.didn't come out as hole as that did.mine was more like fragments.
Back to top Go down
madjeff
Group Captin
madjeff

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:42 am

wifi check might be a good idea.there are houses close by.my rooter can transmit some distance.my pc can pick up pc link 5 doors down from me.
Back to top Go down
phil.D
Squadron Leader
phil.D

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:01 am

Thats sounds a good simple test for starters keith if the signals that strong we should definitely pick it up at the flight line its a start.
Back to top Go down
madjeff
Group Captin
madjeff

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:11 am

must admit my rooter is about 4 foot from were i build,test and bind withe my dx8 and pc is on, and on line at the same time and never had a problem.evan flown my helis around the front room while waiting for something to download to kill the time.
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:16 am

Doing a little research Phil and apparently a few users have had issues not with wifi but with video sender units (to extend their skyboxes in the home) running on 2.4ghz. That would also be a video transmission unit along the lines that the fpv guys use?
Still worth checking the wifi as stated as its a simple test
Back to top Go down
Paul L
Wing Commander

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:34 am

I'd agree with Keith
most likely is a video Tx

Although I'd expect it to be on longer
and have shown in Ade's range test ............
as long as Aide's Tx was not turned Off after the crash.
As this would cause his Spektrum Tx module
to find two clear chns.

Either way we have a problem
To early to draw conclusions
but it's looking suspicious to me
Back to top Go down
Paul L
Wing Commander

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:36 am

I'll start a thread on this
please post any unexplained crashes on 2.4Ghz
maybe we can see a pattern?
Back to top Go down
Coyote
Forum Admin
Coyote

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:51 am

Thats bad news, sorry to hear its happened again.

Theres definitly a problem, are all the lockouts coming from the same part of the field ?

All you need it just 1 person in the surrounding housing estates to have bought one of these :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1W-WiFi-Wireless-Signal-Booster-Amplifier-802-11b-g-11g-/120499125986?pt=UK_Computing_Networking_SM&hash=item1c0e4ebee2

Just 30 odd quid for perfect wifi, at the expense of everyone flying at the field. But the buyer would probably not have a clue it was doing it.

Or tv sender. Heres on that runs at 2W, 2watts will get you 2km of transmission

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wireless-2W-Audio-Video-Transmitter-Receiver-sender-2-4-/280550072882?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item4152166232

I think this is somethings thats got to be traced sooner rather than later for sure
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:06 pm

So much for Spektrum 2.4ghz! I moved onto this system to get away from outside interferance on the field-but now we have somone sat at home changing chanels knocking us out of the sky-bloody marvelous Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
madjeff
Group Captin
madjeff

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:49 pm

bring back the days of 35mhz and the peg board.think not Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Coyote
Forum Admin
Coyote

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:31 pm

Another aspect that should also be considered is 1.2ghz. These wireless cctv systems on this band are much more common. Still illegal to use as mobile phones 3G networks use this now. But through harmonics the 1.2ghz equipment can severly distrupt 2.4ghz equipment too.
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:49 am

Got the Mustang back from Phil Danks last night. Repair looks good & Phil said it wasnt a difficult re-build (cheers mate!)So lets hope all go's well on Sunday! (it looks like decent weather) I expect the thrust lines may need sorting out, but shouldnt take long with a flight with the FG cowel removed.
Back to chucking her around & not too much like a hooligan-scale-ish Wink
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:28 am

Got to field early today, Mustang motor running backwards-so had to take cowel off to move the wires around, while in its naked 'state' I'd test fly it.
With a good heave from Pete off she went as straight as a arrow, no problems with thrust angles etc (good repair) timer sounded after a good fun scale(ish) flight, turned in & came in to land-textbook all the way in until the nose dropped-dug in & ruined the lovely repair job
Sad mmmmm-Time to go home for Sunday dinner & a couple of cans!
This year just aint sticking to the plan!
Back to top Go down
Paul L
Wing Commander

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:04 am

Aww. sorry for the crash
Any idea why it happened ?
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:55 pm

Just the usual problem, as soon as the intake under the wing hits the ground the nose gets tipped into the fllor. In its 'naked' state it just stopped dead! damage done. Sorry I didnt explain that very well in my last post.
Back to top Go down
wingpete
Squadron Leader
wingpete

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:15 pm

i had problems after you left ade,me & jeff were flying our stinsons as i was doing a left turn at bottom left of field radio failure again in the very same spot as trojan went in twice before.ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). Sdc10710
Back to top Go down
Paul L
Wing Commander

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:45 pm

I need to investigate this

I'll take the 2.4Ghz monitor around the field outer perimeter
next time out.

I'll need all R/C Tx's turned off
but it won't take long

Paul
Back to top Go down
wingpete
Squadron Leader
wingpete

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:45 pm

cheers paul i would like to get to the bottom of this cos its costing me money in repair bills.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).   ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash). Empty

Back to top Go down

ade using his mustang as a shovel (crash).
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next