KirkyFlyers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the KirkyFlyers Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Hi! Not sure if the forums are still active but hello anyway
Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 8:15 am by Coyote

» The best model trailer ever
Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:07 pm by Andy (Sam's dad)

» Mobius on the Solius
Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:50 pm by Keith

» 5/1/2014 at the field
Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:13 am by Coyote

» he shoots he scores...twice
Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 5:51 am by Coyote

» Coyote`s Skyfun
Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:00 am by Coyote

» And no lasting damage was done
Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:53 pm by Keith

» Yesterdays flights
Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:43 pm by daz

» 30 quid dlg anybody????
Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:01 pm by Keith

» Coyote`s Tarot FY680
Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:05 pm by Coyote

Weather

Top posting users this month
No user
Most Viewed Topics
Hi! Not sure if the forums are still active but hello anyway
New Imax B6 Balance Charger. SOLD
my next build is also the polaris
Cargo plane build
Mini Funjet build
eflite have made a micro quad
TRIcopter, QUADcopter, SIXcopter frames
KKuk Tricopter controller. SOLD
2.4Ghz 200mw Radio Micro Wireless Color CCTV Spy Camera
Radian Pro Motor Fault

Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wurzel
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011   Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 11:06 pm

Hi Guys,
You may well have seen or heard by now that a group of us managed to get a few hours on the slope. Paul L suggested we give Skinningrove cliffs a try.
He was spot on with the location, with the wind East North East and steady between 10/15 mph. We all met up at the gates and rigged our gliders. I brought my ASK8 along with no promises of it flying due to the location (Cliffs) I wasnt too sure if the wind was strong enough, how wrong I was.
Harvey and Phil were first into the air, with Phil flying his thrush, tweet tweet lol! and he cheated as well Sad by running his motor, Harvey on the other hand got straight into the feel of things with his very nice Multiplex model. Justin!!! well Justin being Justin flew a small Jet fighter that didnt really look comfy with the slope, and he soon gave up on that one, but there again thousands of brownie points for the fun and effort Laughing
Phil decided to fly Paul L's whilst flying his own, and erhm............ lost it affraid Phil is now licking windows for a hobby Laughing Nice one Phil we have all done it, me included in that one.
Well after about 45 minutes on the cliff top I decided to let the K8 feel the wind under her wings after 8 years in the cupboard.
Paul L did the honours with the remaiden and Harvey had the misfortune to run with her (your diet is'nt working Harv) what with 2 piecs of my Mrs quiche what do you expect Laughing My gratefull thanks to both of you.
The launch was spot on and the flying also spot on. I spent a good 10 minutes just really enjoying watching her fly, so smooth. Then it was the turn of all the other guys that wanted to have a go, all of them thought she was nice and steady, both Justins & Phils bums were twitching and if I'm honest so was mine lol!
All in all tho a great afternoon, along with some drama and a couple of mishaps, a good time was had by all, thanks guys. (And you know who you are for the help given to me.) We should repeat this again soon.
If anyone wants to make any observations or comments then please do so.

Dave
Back to top Go down
justin
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

PostSubject: Re: Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011   Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:14 am

think you have captured the day perfectley there Dave. A cracking few hours out for all, roll on the next NE wind !
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011   Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Me & the tribe (kids & grandkids) went to the air show at Redmarshall, bloody freezin & crap Sad
Got back home & it was a lot warmer, even said to Esther on the way home "wonder if the lads are sloping Marske or Skinny today"
I obviously chose the wrong venue!
Well done Dave on getting the K8 up, told you Skinny was fun. Good that Harvey & Phil got 'blooded' also, maybe the slope bug may bite a bit more now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011   Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Skinningrove sloping Sunday 5th June 2011
Page 1 of 1