KirkyFlyers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the KirkyFlyers Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Hi! Not sure if the forums are still active but hello anyway
E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyThu May 07, 2015 8:15 am by Coyote

» The best model trailer ever
E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:07 pm by Andy (Sam's dad)

» Mobius on the Solius
E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:50 pm by Keith

» 5/1/2014 at the field
E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:13 am by Coyote

» he shoots he scores...twice
E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 5:51 am by Coyote

» Coyote`s Skyfun
E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:00 am by Coyote

» And no lasting damage was done
E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:53 pm by Keith

» Yesterdays flights
E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:43 pm by daz

» 30 quid dlg anybody????
E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:01 pm by Keith

» Coyote`s Tarot FY680
E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:05 pm by Coyote

Weather

Top posting users this month
No user
Most Viewed Topics
Hi! Not sure if the forums are still active but hello anyway
New Imax B6 Balance Charger. SOLD
my next build is also the polaris
Cargo plane build
Mini Funjet build
eflite have made a micro quad
TRIcopter, QUADcopter, SIXcopter frames
KKuk Tricopter controller. SOLD
2.4Ghz 200mw Radio Micro Wireless Color CCTV Spy Camera
Radian Pro Motor Fault

E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer

Go down 
+3
Coyote
wingpete
Ade
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer Empty
PostSubject: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 5:02 am

Have one of these new models on order, after reading the early press releases I thought that it would make a good home for the E-Flite 25 motor I've had sat in my spares box for the last 2 yrs.
Although mine is the lower Kv motor NOT the new "hot" one-power will be fine. Using the Castle Creations motor calc (cheers Paul!) motor should give 350W with a 3S 3000 30C batt (just ordered two from HobbyKing EU) on a 12x6 prop. E-Flite 40A esc, three Hi-Tec HS 56's drive the ailerons, elevator, rudder, Castle Creations BEC & Spektrum 5ch rx (again all from the spares box)
Should get delivery by middle of next week, so a maiden in a couple of weeks time if my days off & the weather play ball.
See below link for model.
http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroonline/e2eflite/e2_efl4200/e2_lr1a_pogo.html
Back to top Go down
wingpete
Squadron Leader
wingpete

PostSubject: e-flite pogo    E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 5:23 am

that looks quick ade cant wait to see maiden, have you seen the pylon racer at hobbyking it is a bit smaller around 900mm but it is only £37ish.
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 6:33 am

I wanted a small craft with wheels for take off & landing at Redcar site (in future I'll only be "belly flopping" on the slopes with gliders) the retro "Reno" look fitted the bill perfectly for me + I have all the parts needed to fit it out sat in a box covered in dust, so it was a low cost/risk option.
Its a bit like that advert on the TV "it looks a bit like a VW" well I want the bloody Mercedes-sod the VW Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 7:51 am

I've now got the Pogo (only took 3 days-cheers to Jay @ Guisborough models shop) & rather sexy alloy spinner (£15 though) I've got all the bits'n'bobs to fit it out from my spares box (E-flite 25 870Kv motor, E-flite 40A ESC, 3 Hi-Tec HS56 servo's & Spektrum 5ch rx (I'll probably fit a Castle Creations BEC also) Just need to get a couple of 4 cell 25000-2600 4 cell batts to power it. according to the Castle Creations E-calc Paul forwarded to me I should be getting around 500W & 32A on a 10x7 prop. That should make the little bugger dance through the air!
Back to top Go down
Coyote
Forum Admin
Coyote

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:58 am

Great looking plane Smile

Is Guisbrough model shop still open, the last time i went up it looked like it had shut down, or has it moved ?
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 3:56 am

The shops moved, its now just a couple of doors away from the Simon Bailes Peugeot garage on Redcar rd. Nice enough lad-looks like the honey monster with piercings! tel no 01287 203774. Tues to Sat 10am-5pm.
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:25 am

Pogo build now underway, should finish tom (day off) I'll need Paul to do some soldering work for me(cheers mate then she'll be ready to maiden (if the weather improves between now & April!Rolling Eyes)
As with all E-flite models its going together just like the pictures in the book.
Been looking at another E-flite model also, its a little Extra 260 that should go well using the same batts I use in my helis (2150 3S) I've got four servos that will drop straight in & a spare RX, would just need a motor & ESC for it, probably the E-flite 480 & Hyperion 35A cool bec esc (only the best for my models)
Back to top Go down
madjeff
Group Captin
madjeff

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 6:45 am

i like the pogo seen the demo of it flying,it certainly licks along Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 6:17 am

Pogo build almost complete. Hit a few snags with it. 1st being the servos, none of the Hi-tec 56's fitted (too small) Luckily I had 3 HS225BB's going spare that fitted in the holes. 2nd problem, the servos were the wrong depth, had to add 3mm of ply on the aileron servo box so it would seat properly. Once I'd fitted the wing to the fuz came problem no3 ended up building up the servo box for elev/rudder by 6mm to clear the bottom servo & be the right height for the elv/rudder drive rods.
Paul Luka now has the Pogo as I need some of his soldering skills & Double check everything & start doing some static testing with 10x6 & 10x7 props to start with.
So its fitted out with 3x HS225BB, Castle Creations 10A BEC, E-flite 40A ESC, E-flite 25/870Kv, upgrade E-flite alloy spinner (eye candy Laughing ) & Spektrum 5ch rx.
I've borrowed a couple of 4 cell 2200 packs from Mike Woodrow for set up, will need to order of batts from HK, been looking at 2600 4S 30C packs.
So looking for a maiden in the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Paul L
Wing Commander

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 12:22 am

It's pretty much done
Power Static testing with 10x7 and 4S results below
588W at 39Amps

E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer Pogo_411
Back to top Go down
Paul L
Wing Commander

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 3:18 am

Done !
Ready to fly Very Happy

E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer Pogo_r10
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 5:40 am

Bloody hell-it'll go like a scalded cat! Cant wait to see the jaws dropping when this one screams over the flight line full chat. Thats providing the maiden go's to plan Laughing as the ground handling can be 'intresting' by all accounts, torque roll pulling the plane left & speed needed before the control surfaces to become effective-should be fun. The landing wont be optional, but one or two 'wags' have said its a description of how the plane lands-in a series of pogo's Shocked
Back to top Go down
Paul L
Wing Commander

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 5:51 am

A hand launch "Straight Up" is an option Very Happy
it eliminates any bad Ground Handling problems Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
phil.D
Squadron Leader
phil.D

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 6:41 am

hey! no flying over the flight line or i,ll be reporting you to Rob hehe, looks a beaut m8 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:32 am

Paul L wrote:
A hand launch "Straight Up" is an option Very Happy
it eliminates any bad Ground Handling problems Twisted Evil

My last maiden handled the ground very well Mad
Back to top Go down
https://kirkleathamflyers.forumotion.co.uk
Paul L
Wing Commander

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:38 am

A Definition of flying

Throw it at the ground .................... and Miss !
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 8:21 pm

OOPS! Sorry Phil-meant to say a high speed 'called' pass over the strip Embarassed
Back to top Go down
phil.D
Squadron Leader
phil.D

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 9:52 pm

let you off then you would,nt want a tongue lashing of rob would you affraid
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:07 am

Finally ordered a couple of batts for the Pogo. I will be using a Turnigy 2650 4S 30C pack in it. I'll also be using the same packs in the Sukhoi-but two of them in parallel, so effectivly a 4300 4S pack.
Delivery from Germany 4-7 days, so with any luck I might maiden at least one of them at the weekend.
The Sukhoi will need a bit of work on the CoG & final fitting out before a maiden, so might another week or so before I get this one up Smile
Back to top Go down
madjeff
Group Captin
madjeff

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:12 pm

hope to see the pogo flying,been slowly swaying to a pylon racer.this might send me over the edge and get one if it goes like on the promo vids.
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:51 am

Should be an intresting maiden, will need a bit of speed before all moving surfaces start creating any effect & the throws are the smallest I've seen on any plane!
With the motor/esc/batt & prop I'm using its been power calc'ed at 460W & 32A so bags of power in a slippy little airframe with a 49" wingspan weighing a little over 3lb, E-flite claim 115mph-level flight 'out of the box' Twisted Evil
So I'll probably have the fastest plane at Kirky bar Pauls 'Rat' (by name & nature Laughing ) Lets see if any of the ducted fan fast boys wanna have a drag race!
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:49 am

Fastest plane Ade are you sure... Laughing

New one should be ready in a few weeks time, the elevator is only 1/8 in thickness
and the fuse is only 1 inch high, slippery is not the word, I just hope it flys as good as it looks so far.
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:54 pm

So your building a fast foamie then, what you gonna call it-the 'foo(mie) fighther' perhaps?
You'd best load it with carbon coz even if your quicker down the straights I'll whup ass (if the reviews aint bull$hit) through the bends. The Pogo was built as a feeder series beginners model for proper rc pylon racing. Maybe I should fit her out will some 'L' plates?
Back to top Go down
Keith
Forum Admin
Keith

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 5:39 am

It might seem stupid but its built for straight line speed only ade so the bends and turns are all yours
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 7:18 am

The batts I ordered from HK six weeks ago finally showed up today. Paul will have to put some Deans plugs on for me (cheers mate!) Then its maiden time. Bank holiday this week, so off Friday til Tues-Whoo-hoo.
I'll be using the same 2600 4S packs in the Sukhoi also-but 2 in parallel so effectivly a 5200 4S pack. This model will need a bit more care getting the CoG right being a acrobat,so no rush on this model. one maiden a week should suffice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer   E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer Empty

Back to top Go down

E-Fite "POGO" Pylon racer
Page 1 of 1