KirkyFlyers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the KirkyFlyers Forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Hi! Not sure if the forums are still active but hello anyway
Pogo maiden EmptyThu May 07, 2015 8:15 am by Coyote

» The best model trailer ever
Pogo maiden EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:07 pm by Andy (Sam's dad)

» Mobius on the Solius
Pogo maiden EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:50 pm by Keith

» 5/1/2014 at the field
Pogo maiden EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 7:13 am by Coyote

» he shoots he scores...twice
Pogo maiden EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 5:51 am by Coyote

» Coyote`s Skyfun
Pogo maiden EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:00 am by Coyote

» And no lasting damage was done
Pogo maiden EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:53 pm by Keith

» Yesterdays flights
Pogo maiden EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:43 pm by daz

» 30 quid dlg anybody????
Pogo maiden EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:01 pm by Keith

» Coyote`s Tarot FY680
Pogo maiden EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:05 pm by Coyote

Weather

Top posting users this month
No user
Most Viewed Topics
Hi! Not sure if the forums are still active but hello anyway
New Imax B6 Balance Charger. SOLD
my next build is also the polaris
Cargo plane build
Mini Funjet build
eflite have made a micro quad
TRIcopter, QUADcopter, SIXcopter frames
KKuk Tricopter controller. SOLD
2.4Ghz 200mw Radio Micro Wireless Color CCTV Spy Camera
Radian Pro Motor Fault

Pogo maiden

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Pogo maiden Empty
PostSubject: Pogo maiden   Pogo maiden EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:34 am

Finally got the Pogo into the air today, Kirky was pretty bad visabilty wise-esp on height (rolling mist) Quick range check proved to be fine (ten paces before lockouts started) I'd read lots about difficult ground handling-TOSH! handles fine on the floor. Gave her a long run before puching her up, no trim reqd on any surface & the handlings fine (30% expo) neutral inverted-so CoG spot on Very Happy
Power however is disapointing Sad Motor calc predictions gave me well over 500W on the E-flite 25-870kv motor & 10x7 prop running 4 cells. Straight line speed sucks! probably only as fast as my (recently deaceased) Mustang. Having watched a few Pogo landings-I wasnt suprised when then landing comprised of a slow(ish) glide in-followed by a small 'bunny hop' before settling & slowing to a stop. PHEW! (wonder why they called it the Pogo?)
Paul Luka finally showed up & wanted to see it fly, popped a fresh batt in & off again. 3 mins into the 2nd flight-motor cuts out Rolling Eyes good thing I was at a decent height otherwise the landing could have been 'intresting'
Greased her in deadstick.
Picked up the Pogo, no chance of feeling the motor it & the ESC buried away under lots of FG, but whats that smell-mmmm deffo something has fried! good job I'm running a seperate BEC (CastleCreation 5A) or things may have been much worse :shock I'm going to order a new higher Kv motor & a bigger ESC just to see if E-flights claims of 110mph are possible on the right motor/esc & prop combo.
All in all a good maiden-but this model has more to come from it.
Back to top Go down
madjeff
Group Captin
madjeff

Pogo maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pogo maiden   Pogo maiden EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 10:31 am

glad to here it went ok and no repairs.i maiden my stinson last week.always nervous the first flight.it can only get better now ade.
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Pogo maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pogo maiden   Pogo maiden EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 8:29 am

ESC is toast! so much for E-flite esc's-although to be fair its one of the early models, the new ones are reputed to be excellant.
Went to Pauls early today & installed a new Hobbywing Platinum 80A ESC & alls fine. I did plan on flying BUT by the time I got home there was a full on barbie going on & my kids & grand kids had invaded.
I will need to programme the esc fully to max it & the motors potential-if only I can find the dammed instructions-aarrgghh!
Been looking around the net today for a E-flite 25 1250kv motor- 60 bloody quid!!! I'm now looking for a 'budget' version.
I've got a couple of hrs 'window' tommorow, so if the weathers decent I'll try & get a flight.
Back to top Go down
Paul L
Wing Commander

Pogo maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pogo maiden   Pogo maiden EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 8:35 am

Back to top Go down
Paul L
Wing Commander

Pogo maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pogo maiden   Pogo maiden EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 9:04 am

Budget Motors for consideration
Difficult to give a close equivalent, as not all info seems available on these.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7072

Not in stock .... but only $15.99

-------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/epower-gt2812-1550kv-105g-brushless-motor-p-406122.html

1550Kv Max 43A £15.72

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://robotbirds.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=56_327&products_id=4541

1250Kv
Specs.
http://robotbirds.co.uk/catalog/images/valuemotor.htm

Back to top Go down
Paul L
Wing Commander

Pogo maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pogo maiden   Pogo maiden EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:57 am

Pogo data from today

Max Watts 656W (this will be Static Peak)
Mah used 1742
Max I 42.3A (Static Peak)
Min Voltage 14.06V

Actual readings at 3mins. into flight from graph.

575W
38.5A

[url=https://servimg.com/view/15893965/45][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f29/15/89/39/65/pogo11.jpg[/img][/url]
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Pogo maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pogo maiden   Pogo maiden EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:03 am

Right for those who have seen the Pogo fly-it aint fast! probably 85mph tops. Also since the last post I did actually manage to crash the Pogo during a very rushed landing (due to people changing sides on the flight line while I was trying to land) Damage to fuz not so bad-but the wing was a "iffiy" repair. Ordered a new wing a couple of weeks after the crash (while a repair was a possibility, but eventualy decided against as the high G turns would probably cause the wings to fold on the 1st high speed turn) Its taken Horizon Hobby UK 8 weeks to get me a wing (only after pulling a new kit apart as they still havnt recieved one they ordered from USA-which is made in Mexico BTW)
Still tinkering with the idea of fitting a higher Kv motor into it & see if she'll crack the ton, but seeing my flying time on fixed wing has been so low this year I'd best stick to the slow stuff for a while Razz
Back to top Go down
madjeff
Group Captin
madjeff

Pogo maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pogo maiden   Pogo maiden EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:26 am

thats haw i crashed my habo with people changing sides on the flight line.
glad to hear you finally got a new wing. just need some sunshine. sunny
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Pogo maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pogo maiden   Pogo maiden EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:28 am

Will pick up wing Fri/Sat this week, £54 including wing spar-Robbin B'stard (UK imprter) split a new kit so I can get back in the air-bless his (R)soul (with huge & painful bleedin piles)
Should be out flying in the next week if the weather ever gets it heck together.
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Pogo maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pogo maiden   Pogo maiden EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:17 am

I didnt say heck-I said $hit Exclamation Got the wing just need to cyno & epoxy it. Little point at the moment as I cant see too well, since getting back off holiday I've have two bad eye infections & my visions shot-ho-hum.
Just ordered a new heli, the Align 450ProV2 3GX. Yes folks I'm trying the flybar less (FBL) marlarky.Should get delivery in a couple of days.
Plan on putting my Hyperion motor/esc & Castlecreation BEC out of the V2 into the new heli for a bit more'oomph'
Will put the 500MX motor & 35A ESC into my old V2 which will be up for sale shortly if anyones intrested. One owner never been crashed(honest mate)-blah-blah-blah, will come with Futaba 401/9254 gyro & tail servo, 3x Hitec HS56 on cyclic. All new bearings throughout heli Febuary +comes with a shed load of spares & a full 30 second warrenty (void if you actually plug a battery into it) at very reasonable cost (that or I shove it on BMFA site or flebay & have someones eyes out Twisted Evil )
BTW starting to put money aside for a new (winchable) glider, the only clue I'll give is FVK as ever its not going to be cheap-but it'll be good! Laughing

Back to top Go down
phil.D
Squadron Leader
phil.D

Pogo maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pogo maiden   Pogo maiden EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:06 am

You,ve got to much money.
Back to top Go down
Ade
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Pogo maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pogo maiden   Pogo maiden EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:14 pm

It'll take til next spring before you'll see the new glider, just rebuilding the fleet slowly. I cut mine down too far & with just a few models I've struggled this year, losing the Mustang was a blow, I've just replaced the MPX Parkflyer (original was so full of glue it wobbled when it flew & had doubled in weight)
Pogo should be in the air next week if the weather gods are with us.
Need to sort my sloper, it needs kitting out BUT needs someone who's done this before as its not just a bolt in the servos & your away job.
TBH the only thing I've bought this year is two kits both fitted out (mostly)with what I had sitting in the bottom of a box, so just over £300 now bear in mind I sold my big glider last year for £330.
Not exactly been splashing out Laughing mind you I've spent about £200 on batts this year but I dont count that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pogo maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pogo maiden   Pogo maiden Empty

Back to top Go down

Pogo maiden
Page 1 of 1